Did you know that there are currently over 121,000 people waiting for an organ donation? Did you also know that an average of 22 people die each day while on the waiting list for an organ donation? MORA and Donate Life MS are working to raise awareness on the issue of organ donation in Mississippi. To do your part, please take advantage of the various options we’ve created to help supporters like you get the word out about organ donation!
Get the Car Tag
- You may order your plate with the county Tax Collector at the time you register your vehicle.
- Standard personalized plates require an additional annual fee of $31.
- There are various rates for specialty plates. A listing of all specialty license plates is available on the Department of Revenue website.
- The Donate Life MS specialty car tag is $31.
Identify Yourself as an Organ Donor on Facebook
In May of 2012, Facebook added the ability for you to let others know you are an organ and tissue donor through your timeline. You can also access links to Register to become an organ and tissue donor through the site.
If you’ve registered previously and would like to let others know that you’re an organ and tissue donor on Facebook, here are the steps you need to take.
- Login to Facebook.
- Navigate to your Timeline.
- Under ‘Life Event’, navigate to ‘Health & Wellness’ and then select ‘Organ Donor.’
- This will bring up a dialog which allows you to define Where, When, and add a description. This dialog also provides links to learn more about organ and tissue donation.
Add A Donate Life Mississippi PicBadge To Your Profile Image
MORA and Donate Life MS have created a PicBadge to help our supporters promote the cause for organ donation. A PicBadge is a small logo that appears on your Facebook or Twitter profile picture and it is a simple way for you to show your support for our organizations. Please follow the steps below to add the Donate Life Mississippi PicBadge to your social media profile pics.
- Head to the Donate Life Mississippi PicBadge page here.
- In the PicBadge page click the ‘Add to profile picture’ button.
- Click on the ‘Facebook’ button.
- If this is your first time here you’ll be asked to grant us the necessary Facebook permissions. Click the ‘Allow’ button.
- Modify your picture to your liking and click the ‘Publish to Facebook’ button when you’re ready.
- Click the ‘Continue to Facebook’ button.
- You’ll be directed to your Facebook account. In order to use your new picture as your profile picture you will need to click the ‘Finished cropping’ link beneath the picture.